Makes 12 muffins | Cook time 25mins
I love making these muffins, because of their versatility. You can prepare in advance and freeze for up to one month. They make a quick on- the-go breakfast, sides to a main meal or served at tea party!
- 1tsp. olive oil
- 4 rashers unsmoked bacon, chopped
- 1 x 350g jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 50g cheddar cheese (or cheese of you liking such as edam)
- 40g almond flour (I use ground almonds)
- 40g chopped fresh parsley or basil
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 180ml skimmed or any other milk you can tolerate (I use almond or lactose free milk)
- 1tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Either line a 12 hole muffin tin or prepare 12 silicone baking cups
- Heat the oil over medium heat, cook the onion and bacon until softened. Transfer to a bowl, stir in the artichokes, cheese, almond flour and basil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk and pepper. Pour onto the bacon and onion mixture and stir until well combined. Ladle into the muffin cups, filling to the top [do fill to the top because during baking they will shrink slightly].
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the filling is firm and the tops are lightly browned. Let them cool on a rack, remove from the cups and enjoy 🙂
Think this article is helpful? Share it with your friends!