If like me, you follow a wheat-free and plant-based lifestyle, then this is the perfect cake for you to make this Valentine’s Day. A delicious, no-bake cake, which is easy to make and full of healthy nutrients.
Makes 1 cake
500 g (16 oz) raw walnuts
4 heaped tablespoons raw cacao
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
20 pitted dates
Zest from 1 orange or tangerine + a little orange juice [I used freshly squeezed]
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ripe avocado, skin and stone removed
6 pitted dates, or ¼ cup organic maple syrup
½ cup cacao powder
60 ml (2 fl oz / 1/4 cup) water or almond milk or coconut milk
60 ml (2 fl oz / 1/4 cup) coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
Pinch of sea salt
Extra water to mix if necessary
1. Combine walnuts, cocoa powder, cinnamon and sea salt.
2. Process until ground and add dates, orange/tangerine zest and vanilla.
3. Process again until combined and spoon into a mixing bowl.
4. Add the juice of half to one orange then mix through until combined.
5. Press cake into a 15 cm (6 inches) heart-shaped baking tin or use a heart-shaped template to shape the mixture. I did not need a baking tin because of the consistency. If you prefer to use a cake tin line it with parchment paper to help you remove the cake easily afterwards.
6. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to overnight.
7. Remove cake from the tin.
8. Combine chocolate frosting ingredients together in a high-speed blender until creamy.
9. Spread over the cake and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
10. Decorate with raspberries and Enjoy.
This recipe was inspired by ‘The Healthy Chef’
Tried this recipe? Let us know by leaving a comment on our FB page.
Think this article is helpful? Share it with your friends!