APPLE BRAN MUFFINS
You can make a large batch of these Apple Bran Muffins and freeze them. Whenever you need a snack, warm one up in the microwave. Delicious and convenient!
PREP 15 MIN | COOKS IN 25 MIN | MAKES 12
- 3/4 cup All-Bran cereal
- 1 cup skimmed/lactose-free milk
- 1 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/3 cup Splenda/cane sugar
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1 large apple, peeled and shredded
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- In a bowl, combine cereal and milk, let stand for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl pour warm water over the raisins, let stand for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, Splenda, baking powder, salt and spices. Stir in the oat bran, raisins (drained) and apple.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and applesauce. Stir into the dry ingredients together with the cereal mixture.
- Divide batter among 12 muffin cups (I use silicone muffin cups).
- Bake until lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
Sign up to our Newsletter for more of our free yummy recipes 😋