QUINOA STUFFED PEPPERS
The combination of quinoa, sharp feta, and sweet peppers, tastes delicious!
PREP 25 MIN | SERVES 4
- 100g quinoa
- 4 sweet peppers [any colour you wish]
- 1 red apple, cored and shredded
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 150g feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsps mixed fresh herbs, such as basil, parsley, oregano and mint
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 50g raisins
- 4 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 – 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the packet. Together with the quinoa add a vegetable stock pot.
- Meanwhile, cut the peppers in half lenghtways and scrape out and discard the seeds and membranes. Leave the stalks intact so the peppers hold their shape. Transfer the peppers to an ovenproof dish.
- Put the apple and lemon juice in a bowl and mix lightly. Add the drained quinoa, feta, herbs, garlic, ginger, raisins, spring onions and oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide the quinoa mixture between the halved peppers. Pour a small amount of water in the dish around the peppers, cover with foil and cook in a preheated oven at 180 deg. C until the peppers are tender.
- Serve with a crisp green salad.
Alternatively, shape the mixture into patties, place them on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven until golden brown.
TIP: You can replace the feta cheese, with cubed bacon, chicken, or fish.
Sign up for our Newsletter for more of our free yummy recipes 😋