This quick and easy slice is perfect for an afternoon snack or in kids’ lunchboxes. Deliciously enjoyed both hot or cold. For additional flavour you can add pancetta/bacon cubes.
PREP 45 MIN | COOKS IN 25 MIN | MAKES 4 portions
- 1/3cup rice, basmati, raw
- 1 vegetable stock cube or homemade vegetable stock
- 1 medium zucchini/courgette, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 3 eggs whisked
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Line base and sides of a 9cms x 19cms loaf pan with baking paper, allowing 2cms overhang. Alternatively use a silicone loaf pan.
- Place rice in 2/3 cup cold water together with a stock cube or replace water with vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand covered for 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini, carrot, (bacon if adding) rice and 1/2 cup cheese to a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Spread mixture in tray. Sprinkle remaining cheese on the top.
- Bake until golden brown and set, about 25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Cut into quarters and refrigerate within two hours of cooking.
Sign up to our Newsletter for more of our free yummy recipes 😋