Creamy Chicken Vol-au-Vent
These vol-au-vents make a fancy quick meal; they look complicated, but they are very simple to make. This recipe is also great for using up leftover roast chicken.
- 2 pkts. 3 Toque Vol Au Vents Large x 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms finely sliced
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Mix (I used Emborg Frozen Mixed Vegetables)
- 1/4 cup diced bacon
- 2 pre-cooked chicken breasts shredded
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs of choice
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup Quorn Mince (optional)
- Lay out the vol-au-vent cases on a baking tray - keep the lids aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a large skillet, fry the onion and add the bacon, chicken, and mince (if using).
- Once these are cooked through add the vegetables and seasoning and let them simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the cream cheese.
- Cook and stir until blended; remove from heat.
- Fill cases with chicken mixture. Replace the pastry lids.
- Place in oven for 10-15mins until the pastry cases are golden brown.
Posted on August 26 2022
Could you kindly send me your free recipe book.